Wednesday, December 27, 2017

What did I buy in Dec 17?

Singtel I bought more shares when prices hit $3.60 (4.86% based on 17.5 cents) after it went XD (post dividend). Historically, Singtel share prices cycle up and down within a year so I see this as an opportunity to buy. I would have preferred to have a higher yield though.

Stock shopping is beginning to feel more expensive, which is a sign that the market is picking up. In my view, as long as we avoid the medical and food stocks which tend to be over-priced, it's still possible to find some fair price items. For e.g., Singtel, AIMS AMP, QAF, SIA Engineering, ST Engineering. For those with weak hearts, avoid the bank stocks that have risen by 50% from their troughs in Feb 2016, 22 months ago, because you might be in for another roller coaster ride.

Outlook seems to be more positive, which may not be a good thing. Confidence breeds complacency.

No comments:

Post a Comment