Friday, February 16, 2018

What did I buy in Feb 18?

Singtel I can't stress enough how good a deal Singtel is now. $3.35 screams lelong lelong and I don't know why there is so much selling. I bought more at $3.50 and $3.35. My next entry price will probably be around $3.20 if prices continues to fall. Anything below $3.50 (i.e. 5% yield) is a really good deal. 17.5 cents/year of dividends is definitely sustainable. I will say $3.80 would have been a fair price as its historical yield is closer to 4% than 5%. $3.60 would have provided sufficient margin of safety.

Wilmar I bought 1 lot only at $3.00 after much deliberation. It's a fair price, but I don't feel that I have sufficient margin of safety. I will see how it goes.

I am not sure if I will buy more in Feb, but I will monitor the situation as I had spent quite a bit these 2 months. I am also feeling slightly cash poor because I channelled $40k into Singapore Savings Bonds last month, and we aren't exactly in a market crash situation, so I won't be dipping too much into the warchest.

No comments:

Post a Comment