Monday, July 30, 2018

What did I buy and sell in Jul 18?

QAF Limited Bought more at $0.86. I systematically bought after prices fell another 10%. This time, I did a more detailed review on the business and the factors affecting their pork business. I still believe that it is a good business although I have heard many alternate interpretations. It is one of those moments where you wonder if your analysis is wrong because everybody is selling, or the opposite...

Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) Sold at $2.90. I recommended to buy SPH when the prices fell after the next CEO took over. I recently decided to sell because it has risen 20% from it's low of $2.41 (23 Mar 2018). One of my sell criteria is when the price rises fast without any fundamental or economic changes that caused the prices to fall. Most importantly, it's to take profit first, then decide whether to by again later. Given the share price's volatility, this stock should be a good candidate to trade in and out. There should be another wave to ride when SPH launches their Woodleigh Residences condo in late Sep 2018. I will see how the prices go...

No comments:

Post a Comment