Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Do you always take very long to respond?

My colleague told me she wasted 30 min listening to my user complain about a software installation because I didn't follow up. I was glad she told me that because I thought I only had to get the software installed for them.

I didn't know that I had to teach them how to use the software. The users also didnt ask me how to use when i told them that desktop team will be going around to activate the software for them.

My supervisor told me to get the paperwork done to make sure that the users get the software. He also asked me whether anybody would be doing it, so I said the desktop team, but he added that there will be additional configuration needed, so I said that since there is no one else, I will do it. I never got to the configuration step because by the time I was done coordinating the installations for 10+ users, the trial key had expired and there was still 1 user whom we couldn't catch.

So today the same bunch of users complained to her about another issue then she told me I need to follow up, I said it's an ongoing issue and we have been updating the users. Well... Escalation is free and easy, but not effective if you try it time and again and you are not feeling any difference.

She also said I owed her the steps to create a blog entry, and because of that, the users are not doing anything, implying that I am delaying the schedule.

And then towards the end of the day, she must be quite fed up with me, she asked me, you seem to be always very cool about everything, do you always take every long to respond to things?

My answer to her, yah. She must be raving mad. :p Being at the bottom of the food chain means there will always be ppl shouting at you from the back of the toilet queue that they want to shxt but you must not be distracted, else nobody will get to finish their business.

No comments:

Post a Comment