Thursday, February 16, 2012

15 months almost

The lack of updates has been partly due to the added workload, added even more after the last update, and also the arrangements that had to be planned for yaya's termination from childcare. After her being sick for the whole of december, my mudder practically called me everyday to "nag" at me to terminate yaya's childcare. I sourced for alternatives, checked for vacancies for infant care around convenient places, and also tried to look for nannies, all didn't work out, and then my mudder said she will look after only mon, wed, fri, 3 days a week, and told me to take leave for the other 2 days, told me to convert to part time, and other stressful things.

In the end, my mudder said that she will look after mon, wed, thu, fri, and the balance tue every week, I had to alternate with hubby to stay at home to look after yaya, then we submitted our one month termination notice, and her last day will be tomorrow. Other arrangements we had to make include planning how to shift all her barang barang in school home tomorrow, how to plan our tuesday for the next few months, plan what time I have to reach home, so that my mudder can go home to cook, and in the past few days looking for a car seat so that my mudder can still drive around if she needs to, instead of being grounded at home with yaya. This arrangement will only be till yaya starts her playgroup childcare on 1 June. That will be another round of planning.

The rest of the time, I was planning for our holiday trip, where to go, when, book air tickets, hotels, calculating expenses, and then leave arrangements. When there is something to look forward to, the shxt at work matter less. Work wise, I will only describe it as chaotic. My supervisor was reluctant to approve my 2 weeks leave, but he still approved it in the end, very reluctantly.

Him: Must you take leave in may?
Me: Yes.
Him: Can you adjust so that it doesn't impact the project schedule?
Me: Ok, then I take leave in apr.
Him: Have you booked?
Me: No. Check with you first mah.
Him: Can it be after june?
Me: And if the project can't end in june?
Him: But if you take leave so near the launch date, you need to be around.
Me: So I go for my holiday earlier loh. I think there is a lower chance that the project can complete in may than after june. (since it hasn't started yet)
Him: It will be better if it's later.
Me: Like when?
Him: Any time after june.
Me: And what if there is another last minute project like the one I only know in end jan and the launch is mid march?

So he conceded to my request.

Randomly, one day while on the way home from work, I thought to myself, if I were to lose my job or decide to quit without a job, I think I may have a higher chance passing off as a freelance copywriter than a freelance programmer. And private tuition seems to be getting more lucrative than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment