Sunday, August 5, 2012

what first words say about me

Recently yaya started to make more understandable sounds. She is 20 months now. Before that she babbles away and I can't make a word out of it. The first word she said was "stop", which should be one of the words I used with the highest frequency on her. She will stop just before the escalator and say "stop", and then raise both arms to wait to be carried. She will stop at the areas around our house, mainly the carpark entrances and exits, and where the roads are. But I am quite sure that she doesn't know that the road is where I want her to stop because when we are at other roads, she doesn't know that she has to stop. So I have started to train her to stop at traffic lights. She also stops on cue, when I tell her stop, she will stop doing whatever she is doing, or walking if she is walking. lol

The second word she said was "dirty", and I couldn't stop laughing when she kept repeating the word "dirty". She kept picking dirt up from the floor and then said "dirty". Our house is rather dirty, so I always scream at her, "dirty... don't touch" And it comes back to me like haptic feedback. She will also point to her wet diapers and say dirty, and then pinch her nose, which is the action for "smelly". The novelty stopped after a day though.

I have been very conscious with the words I use because I know that it affects what I hear from my mini boss. These two words shows how I have been training her. "stop" is for me to stop her without having me to grab her. "dirty" is for me to tell her not to pick up rubbish from the ground. But when I say rubbish, she will pick it up and throw it into the rubbish bin. It's funny too. I wonder how her brain is associating dirty and rubbish now...

No comments:

Post a Comment