Sunday, March 30, 2014

Humble Beginnings

I spent about 25% of my time sleeping, another 25% working, and the remaining 50% babysitting, and that these three major activities contribute as the source of inspiration for what I do.

Unfortunately, I burnt another overtime weekend this week and while I was out with my little girl getting her a TCM massage, I was suddenly struck with the idea that I should really start writing (both for the sake of writing, and for that distant glimmer of hope that I may one day be able to make a living out of just pixels on a screen) and for a start, the name shall be little brush. A quick consultation with Google showed that little brush was associated with make-up, hence I decided to go with little toy brush.

Little brush was meant to represent my time as a brush, cleaning up after people's mess, both literally and figuratively - toilet brush. If you think deeper into the word toilet, it really sounds like TOIL-er, which sounds like a distant cousin to my occupation at large, and the word toy, would be a suitable candidate to cover-up this connotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment