Saturday, November 29, 2014

SKII Facial Treatment Mask

I found a website selling these masks had a steal S$11/piece and decided to try it out. Initially I had my doubts because of the discount but I guess the supplier had some means to get the stock from Hong Kong at a lower cost.

In any case, the packaging states that it is made in japan, and after multiple usage, my skin had not become worse. After 10 minutes, the mask managed to hydrate and retain whatever was absorbed in my face for a day. My skin has been quite difficult to handle because it is a mix of combination and dry skin type - some parts are dry while some parts are oily and some parts are just right). Sometimes when I get allergic reactions to products with collagen, the salesgirls just shrug it off as sensitive skin, but it really is about the ingredients.

Radiance. What causes your face to shine, other than good lighting, is the amount of water on your skin surface. This is what I had derived after many years of skin care. This is the only scientific reason I can convince myself to want to maintain a good complexion at a low cost. Drinking lots of water and eating lots of fibre are the pre-requisites before any skin care products can improve any skin condition.

Compared with traditional masks, this SKII facial treatment masks is soaked with pitera. It's a really pungent smell if your nose had not adapted to it. The texture is slightly sticky, but I attribute this sticky texture to its amazing quality to hold moisture in the mask. The mask is noticeable heavier than other masks. By other masks, I refer to masks in the cheaper price range. 1 mask is stated to weigh 20 ml on the packaging. The most the skin can absorb is probably 5 ml.

How do I "ration" 1 mask to make my purchase value for money? You may need to experiment and waste a bit of "juice" (what I call the combination of whatever the mask is soaked in). After taking the mask out, I will usually have about 1/3 of the juice in the packaging, and I will use an air-tight clip to seal it and keep it in the fridge immediately. I will then place the mask on my face for 20 minutes which is usually about the time the masks start to dry up, and then rub the balance juice on my arms and legs. Over the next 1 week, I will apply half teaspoon of juice on my face every night. I use a small disposable plastic spoon that people normally use for yoghurts.

The result? Continuous radiant and smooth face every day at a low cost. The effects stays for a few weeks after the 1 week of continuous usage, but you will realise that after a while, you will need more juice to pump up your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment