Friday, October 27, 2017

What did I buy in Oct 17?

SIA Engineering (covered in previous post) I didn't add further as the price stablised at $3.20.

Cache Logistics 18 for100 Rights Issue. I also applied for excess rights with UOB (don't think it matters) and got a surprisingly good deal -- 42.5 to 100. Cache has been slightly disappointing, but I am banking on it's long leases and an 8% yield is still good.

UMS Holdings 1 for 4 Bonus shares. To be honest, I didn't even know that there was a bonus issue until I saw the share price fell 15% and it said XB. Free shares, so it's good.

I also decided not to buy more ETFs (via Autowealth) this month as I will be prioritising warchest over investments. As of now, warchest : vested capital ratio is about 40:60. I also channelled cash into CPF retirement accounts (markets were suddenly high so I decided to sit out and transferred $10k to my daughter's MA so that I can have an extended MA if I need it in future) As I have met the FRS for CPF SA, I was also assessing if I should repay the accrued interest that I owe my future self. In the end, I decided that I might be able to get a better return than 2.5% OA, so I will continue to work on my portfolio and build up my warchest. I believe in focus -- do one thing at a time. Multi-tasking doesn't work when it comes to saving money.

The recent run-up in stock prices is not entirely driven by fundamentals hence its making me feel a little uneasy. Steep gradients are a testament of my earlier (good) decisions, but I had also started thinking about my upper end targets for overvaluation. For now, SG stocks prices are still far from being overvalued (especially those whose PER are <=12).
Portfolio returns (from stocks cafe)

No comments:

Post a Comment