Thursday, October 5, 2017

What did I buy in Sep 17?

SIA Engineering
Prices continued to fall, especially after the announcement that it will be removed from the ST Index from 1 Oct. On 4 Oct, prices gapped down on news that JP Morgan was selling its 38.8M stake in SIA Engineering. I bought more at $3.30 and $3.20. $3.20 was the previous low in the Aug 2015 "flash crash". Strong balance sheet and monopoly nature of business are the main reasons for me to buy. I will buy more if prices fall below $3.05, another 5% to cover a year of dividends.

SPH
I staked my money at my mouth and bought at $2.76 and $2.62. Prices fell to a low of $2.54 but did not hit my next queue at $2.48. Recently prices have been hovering around $2.70 so I am not taking any further action. I was also comparing SIA Engineering and SPH, and preferred to place more money in SIA Engineering because of its strong balance sheet, doesn't mean that SPH is a better stock because it is still in the ST Index. Did you know that the co-owners of the ST Index are SGX and SPH? Will SPH be removed from the index? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment