Saturday, January 4, 2020

How much have I earned and lost in 2019?

How much have I earned and lost in 2018?

Objective for 2019: Increase REITs by 10% (Trying this again, hope to have good bargains), increase portfolio yield by 0.5%, increase income to $16,800 (or $1,400/month).
Verdict: Didn't meet all.

Average dividend yield in
2017 = 4.56%
2018 = 4.73%
2019 = 4.55%

Income was $16,200 ($1,350/month), 2018 was $16,200 ($1,350/month).

I did not buy much stocks because there were no good bargains, hence income didn't manage to grow too. I earned lesser and also spent more (baby expenses), so my overall savings rate halved -- used to save 60% of income but only managed 30% this year. Interest rates remained about the same as previous year.

I sold Cache Log, OUE Hospitality Trust. Boardroom was privatised and delisted, so it was also sold in a way.

I bought Hongkong Land. That's all.

I only buy stocks when there are good bargains. I also sell those that I think are not worth keeping. Maintaining the current level of passive income works too. That shall be the objective for 2020.

As the market hasn't corrected since 2015, the chances of a correction is higher and higher every year so I am also hugging my warchest tight.


2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of buying Hong Kong Land too. MAPLETREE NAC too. You think HK land is good bargain too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought at $5.40 after i wrote the review, but i won't be adding/selling for now.

      I didnt review maple NAC because the price to book not as attractive as hkland.

      https://littletoybrush.blogspot.com/2019/10/stock-review-hongkong-land-holdings.html

      Delete