Saturday, August 26, 2017

What did I buy in Aug 2017?

The previous posts
What did I buy in May 2017?
What did I buy in Jun 2017?

I bought SIA Engineering again in Aug after it fell more than 15% from its 1-yr peak in Jun. I sold SIA Engineering in Jun 2017 after the 25% run-up in price. It's ~$3.50 now and I feel that it is a good price to enter and accumulate more on further price weakness (i.e. $3.40).

I bought Japan Foods in Aug by luck. Someone sold down the share to 40 cents from 43 cents and volume was very low, so I managed to get the share. I had been in the buy queue at 40 cents since May. Basically, I submitted a buy order that had a good-to-date for the whole month so that I don't have to submit orders everyday.

I also bought QAF in Aug after its price fell 25% recently to ~$1.20 after a drop in profits. ($1.585 in Feb 2017) I was attracted to its low Price Earning Ratio (PER) of 7 and stable recurring income from its food manufacturing business.


3 comments:

  1. LittleToyBrush, do you have an account at StocksCafe? I'd like to be able to follow your posts by following you there (Evan can add your blog to your account), rather than only reading them on the rare occasion that I remember to check on your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok i will add my blog to my acc. My stock cafe url is on the right side bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! It turns out I'm already one of your followers :) Looking forward to reading more of your posts in future!

    ReplyDelete